Students will understand that...
· In 5th grade students use brackets, braces, and parenthesis to evaluate expressions with these symbols.
· In 5th grade students divide whole numbers by whole numbers with up to four digit dividends and two digit divisors. Students illustrate and explain the calculations by equations, rectangular arrays, and area models.
· In 7th grade students continue working with exponents through evaluation of expressions and equations.
· In 8th grade students learn to use the properties of integer exponents to generate equivalent expressions. They also use exponents when working with numbers written in scientific notation.
· To determine additional ways to support and enrich student learning, please access the K-12 progression here - Turn on CC Math
CCM6 and CCM6+ Unit 1